At first glance it appears that chrome is unable to render the vcenter web-client. Multiple users myself included have attempted to log into the web-client this Monday, 16 October 2017, and are greeted with the following:
This issue has been apparently confirmed on Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Quickest workaround at present is running firefox which doesnt seem to be affected. Ill post more should I hear back from VMware or find a fix.
VMware has posted KB # 2151945
Seems like people have been able to make due with Chrome by downgrading the version of flash.
VMWare has stated the following:
++Issue : Shockwave Flash crashes when accessing the 6.5 vSphere Web Client ++Replace the pepflashplayer.dll in the path below path with the lower version of adobe flash player (220.127.116.11)and it work perfectly fine with chrome.
++In order to fix the issue with the firefox. Please follow the below team
1. Start, run, appwiz.cpl…
2. Uninstall ‘Adobe Flash Player 27 NPAPI’ Version 18.104.22.168…
3. Download https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_22.214.171.124_archive.zip
4. Extract ‘fp_126.96.36.199_archive.zip\27_0_r0_159\ flashplayer27_0r0_159_win.msi’…
5. Close firefox…
6. Run ‘flashplayer27_0r0_159_win.msi’…
7. Start, run, services.msc…
8. Disable ‘Adobe Flash Player Update Service’
9. Open firefox and browse to webclient You can also follow the below link for installing the older version of Adobe Flash Player. https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-player.html
Here is the link to the Flash Archive
As noted on forums for the rare few that dont have access to a Windows machine and or have issues with all browsers your only option is to attempt to uninstall Flash and use an older version. Its tough I know, but the issue is in the hands of Adobe/Flash and the browser devs at the moment. Do keep in mind that installing outdated software, especially Flash of all things, can very likely expose you to nastiness. I haven’t been able to find an official archive for chrome.
Got a few confirmations that for OSX Flash Player 188.8.131.52 released 09/12/2017 appears to work after using the flash uninstaller.
Adobe has released a new version of flash.